給那乾渴已久的嘴唇,我的也是,
並催促喝下——
燒得爆裂,那嘴唇吃力地啜著,
我移開盈眶的視線,
一個鐘後再看——
那手還握著遲到的酒杯,
可那本該涼下來的嘴唇,啊呀,
卻已冷得不能再冷——
我本想盡快溫暖的
胸膛上,冰霜已經鋪展
成為霉爛下的歲月——
也許還有其他乾渴的人,
對他們我義不容辭,
如果我還能說話——
從此我就老帶個杯子,
如果碰巧,我興許就是那滴
某個朝聖者飢渴的解脫——
如果碰巧,有誰對我說,
「給我一點,就一點!」
當我終於醒來——
(老哈譯,2019.10.19)
I BRING an unaccustomed wine
To lips long parching, next to mine,
And summon them to drink.
Crackling with fever, they essay;
I turn my brimming eyes away,
And come next hour to look.
The hands still hug the tardy glass;
The lips I would have cooled, alas!
Are so superfluous cold,
I would as soon attempt to warm
The bosoms where the frost has lain
Ages beneath the mould.
Some other thirsty there may be
To whom this would have pointed me
Had it remained to speak.
And so I always bear the cup
If, haply, mine may be the drop
Some pilgrim thirst to slake,—
If, haply, any say to me,
“Unto the little, unto me,”
When I at last awake.
- F126 (1859) 132
No comments:
Post a Comment